I will be leading a Beginner’s Hindi Practice meeting for Boston Hindi Speaker’s Meetup tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. at the EC Boston Language School, 1 Faneuil Hall Square, Boston. At this meetup, we’ll cover expressing basic wants and needs on a shopping trip. Grammatical structures will include want/need, singular and plural nouns, and pronouns with ko. Vocabulary will include fruits/vegetables and numbers. Please join us if you can. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Recent Student Feedback
After eight months living in India, where it was almost impossible to find a Hindi teacher, I went home to Boston for a month of vacation with plans to take Hindi classes twice weekly. The class I had signed up for was canceled due to low enrollment, but luckily Maggie was happy to help me out at the last minute. I had worked with two non-professional Hindi teachers in Gujarat (one was awful, the other is very nice and somewhat helpful, but not a natural language teacher). Ironically, it was easier to learn Hindi from Maggie than either of the native speakers.
Now that I have returned to India, I am missing the classes with Maggie. I not only managed to learn more quickly with Maggie, but also I was much better able to remember what I have learned a week or two after class. She is patient and lets you work on ideas for a period that is long enough for you to absorb the material, but not so long that it is boring. She also suggested some helpful resources I am still using in India. I highly recommend Maggie for either short-term intensive or long-term lessons for fun or practical purposes.
--Amy DeSantis, 9/2013
- Taj Mahal Foxtrot
- 20th Annual Harvard India Poetry Reading
- Bollywood Songs: Romance and Revolution
- March 27, 2015: Translating a Hindi Classic Into English Aesthetics, Or “How Can I Convince Everyone This Novel Is Awesome?”
- “The Problem With White Girls, Boys, and Voluntourism”
- Harvard South Asia Institute Summer Film Series
- South Asia Without Borders Symposium April 25-26, 2013
- Boston Hindi Speaker’s Meetup 4/12/13 at 7:00 p.m.
- Hindi Meetup Beginner’s Practice 3/2/13 at 2:00 p.m.
- Join us at the Hindi Meetup 1/10/13 at 7:00 p.m. at Paneera Harvard Square
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Search this site